That lunchmeat basically changed my life.

Stuff I like. By that I mean stuff I like to talk about. By which I mean stuff I talk too long about to too many people who don't care but are too polite to walk away. (Thanks y'all!)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

And that elegant black label with white lettering...like a little tuxedo!

Favorite new food item--Naturally Fresh Ginger Dressing. At Sekisui, my favorite sushi restaurant, they have the best ginger dressing in all the land. Not too sweet, lots of chunky ginger, tangy--anyway, I don't want to think about it, it will make my taste buds cringe and my eyes water. In a good way---OH, in a good way.

Sekisui is in Memphis, so even though they sell styrofoam cups of this dressing to go (Weezer and I would always get one when we went and eat it all by the next damn day) it does me no good here in Hipstersburg, Georgia.

For years every time I would go to a new sushi restaurant, I would order a salad in fervent hope that the dressing would equal the orange ecstacy of Sekisui's. In other words, I ordered a lot of salads that I didn't really want after my sushi came, whereas at Sekisui, I would routinely embarass Weezer and myself by eating the remaining dressing in the bottom of the salad bowl (each and every shard of cabbage already fished out w/ chopsticks) with a soup spoon. Yeah, that's me, Slurpy McSaucelover.

Eventually, though, after year after icky-sweet-creamy-ginger-dressing year of disappointment discouraged me, I stopped playing around with salads at Japanese places altogether. More room for tuna, I said.

At the grosh recently, I was browsing the "salad" section, and a certain hue of orange caught my eye. I am a very big fan of Naturally Fresh (made right here in Georgia, in tha ATL) Ranch dressing, literally the only brand of pre-prepared bottled ranch I will eat, so I was emboldened to give their ginger dressing a try. And I wasn't disappointed.

Anything that makes you crave salad can't be a terrible thing, and while it's not low fat, it's not bad either. Husband really threw it into high gear by adding a little soy sauce and sriracha sauce to the mix. DAMN, so good.

No, it's not quite as good as Sekisui's, but it's good enough to soothe the sting of being so far away from one of my favorite food items of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home