That lunchmeat basically changed my life.

Stuff I like. By that I mean stuff I like to talk about. By which I mean stuff I talk too long about to too many people who don't care but are too polite to walk away. (Thanks y'all!)

Sunday, November 09, 2008

When something is called "edible", do you expect it to taste super good?

I think Budweiser's new ad campaign is a bit odd. Its "drinkability" is heralded. Is that supposed to make me want some?

I've been making fun of this for as long as the ads have been on. But it only hit home a couple of weeks ago. I was drinking a Slim Fast at work, because since having my wisdom teeth out I can't eat chewable food without "irrigating" my gum holes. This is a fairly embarrassing and disgusting process that involves a syringe full of water and a lot of spitting. I don't have access to a private bathroom at work, which leaves me in the unfortunate position of not being able to actually eat anything between 8-5 Monday - Friday. So...Slim Fast.

I've always hated Slim Fast, except for the Cranberry-Orange soy based stuff they used to make. It doesn't have that awful, chalky, pseudo-dairy texture that the regular stuff does. But they quit making it, for whatever reason, so I was forced to buy the chocolate kind.

SO. As much as I've always disliked it, as I had one the other day, I thought to myself ruefully--"Well, it's drinkable, I guess."

Exactly. You hear that, Cindy McCain?

2 Comments:

Blogger Wifetastic said...

Have you tried ensure? It is at your local store next to Depends.

And you probably know this, but my first instinct is to want, very badly, to watch you irrigate your gums.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Proudlee Henpeck said...

Marry me!

Um, so I totally did drink ensure, too. It was even more "drinkable" than Slimfast.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home